Senior Project Manager
As a member of the Rufus Leonard team, you will be part of a talented team delivering great work
Senior Project Managers at Rufus lead the delivery of all client projects within the agency, SPM’s are to work alongside the Client Services team to ensure projects are delivered to scope, quality, time and budget.
Senior Project Managers are required to lead the project through strategy, creative, design and technical development. This includes delivery of projects such as website development, e-Commerce, e-mail marketing, rich media/banner advertising, mobile / tablet design and development, applications, and social media.
Senior Project Management are responsible for taking full ownership of projects, they are required to assemble and drive both internal and client project teams forward from the initiation of the project through to final delivery.
Our SPM’s are required to scope and manage all aspects of the project throughout the life-cycle. Rufus expects the SPM to have client facing skills and have direct client facing contact during the course of the project.
All Project Managers are responsible for estimating project costs, writing statements of work, defining risks and assumptions, support in gathering requirements/user stories, as well as mapping out the project milestones and resource requirements for the successful completion of the project.
The SPM is responsible for ensuring all work is kept to time and budget throughout the duration of the project, they are responsible for reporting and escalating risks and issues to the relevant stakeholders involved in the project.
Our preferred candidate is flexible and creative in their approach whilst working to best practices within project management; they should be delivery focused, results driven, be persuasive and have strong negotiating skills. Furthermore they will be required to have experience managing projects with budgets of 300k +.
The Senior Project Manager reports to either a Project Director or Head of Delivery.
Primary tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the scoping and planning of projects: create and own statements of work and project plans; including estimation, tracking and updating
- Mobilise the project team (lead and follow internal resourcing process)
- Lead the day to day management of project teams
- Define responsibilities and allocation of tasks within the project team
- Define governance frameworks for larger projects and programmes of work
- Identify, manage and monitor project risks, issues and assumptions
- Lead all client communication through the course of the project delivery
- Support requirements gathering workshops, as well as understand the project requirements to ensure unity / understanding between disciplines
- Weekly status reporting to clients, teams and internal line managers
- Track the project actual time and expenses incurred; lead project to time and budget as per the agreed statement of work
- Attend line management and departmental meetings