You will have expert technical knowledge and well-honed leadership skills and use those in heading up project teams as well as working with the wider departmental leads and clients to plan and deliver solutions to a very high standard.
Senior Developers are the core of any project team and will work from a project's design and specification phases through to leading the development of complex CMS driven and single-page applications. You will have key responsibility for the success of a project. You will also act as an escalation point, mentor and knowledge centre for the rest of the team and will ensure that standards and best practice are followed throughout a project. Beyond projects, you will be proactive and assist or lead various development activities to help us constantly move forward as a department.
You will have at least 3 years’ experience development for the web and be comfortable leading engineering teams in designing and delivering solutions to large scale, complex applications and web sites with an emphasis on responsive design and usability across multiple platforms and devices.
- Have deep knowledge of common JS frameworks and libraries (Backbone, Angular React etc.)
- Have experience with specifying and working with RESTful Web Services
- Be experienced with relevant unit testing frameworks and techniques
- Steer the evolution of our development standards, process and ways of working
- Mentor and guide more junior team members
- Be comfortable with admin of modern source control and continuous integration practises and tools
- Make technical decisions and advise on approach, tools and technical design
- Be responsible for the quality of the team output through regular code reviews
- Be a guardian of our standards and make sure they are being followed and evolved
- Develop your skills through in-house training and appropriate training courses
- Have a flexible approach to developing and delivering solutions
- Be proactive and self-managing
Working with other members of the project team e.g. UX, Strategy and Creative as well as the core development team to specify the functional and technical elements of the project, typically assisting with or completing the following:
- Functional and behavioural specification
- Technical architecture and specifications
- Validation of accessibility conformance requirements up to WCAG 2.0 AA
- Specify application framework requirements, version etc.
- Create deployment guide / implementation plan
- Support internal test team in creation of test plans
- Estimation of final scope
- Work with the Project Manager to define a release plan
As a senior technical team member you will be expected to:
- Lead working group and labs sessions and show and tells to the rest of the department
- Lead the evolution of our development standards, process and ways of working
- Contribute to new business proposals and pitches
- Report to Management on project progress
In addition to the technical skills you will be expected to:
- Have very strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Be commercially focused and pragmatic
- Have the ability to provide consulting, technical presentations and expert advice both internally to agency and externally to clients
- Have experience working in an agile environment
- Experience of agency environment very beneficial
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with mobile apps, either natively or via PhoneGap / Titanium etc.
- Exposure to other creative front end technologies