QA - Test Analyst
Overview of role:
You’ll have knowledge of modern web and mobile testing techniques, experience with bug tracking tools, a good understanding of Accessibility Testing and experience of creating pages and components using CMS tools and testing the output from the front end.
You’ll have worked in an Agile environment, preferably one which used SCRUM or Kanban methodologies, and be able to show you understand how QA is implemented in such an environment. You’ll have worked in an agency or similar environment, with experience of shifting requirements, context switching and having to learn on the fly.
You’ll be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the most common types of testing such as regression testing, integration testing, exploratory testing and retesting, and know why and when we carry these out.
The successful candidate will report to the QA Team Manager.
Key Attributes Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively and pragmatically with developers, providing the appropriate amount of detail when reporting issues
- Be able to understand technical specifications, focusing on the key points of functionality and verifying that these have been implemented correctly by developers
- Ability and desire to develop your skills through self-study, in-house training via your line manager and through appropriate training courses
- Learn to work with the QA Team Manager to produce documentation such as Test Plans, Regression Scripts etc.
- Adopt a flexible approach to the work schedule, aware that resource requirements can change at the last minute, and be proactive in getting up to speed rapidly on new projects
- Demonstrate an interest in developing technical skills, in areas like automated testing or API testing
- Investigation of externally reported issues in a methodical manner, to establish root cause and steps to reproduce
- Proficient in testing websites across modern browsers, operating systems and devices
- Understanding of different web browser compatibilities and limitations
- Use of bug/project tracking tools, preferably Jira
- Testing a CMS solution, preferably one developed with Sitecore or EPiServer
- Knowledge of WCAG, preferably with experience of testing websites to AA standard
- Understand the basics of Developer Tools and how to use them to aid the test effort
- Ability to create manual test plans covering acceptance criteria and edge cases
- Experience of an agency environment would be beneficial – used to working in dynamic environment
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Have experience working in a Scrum environment