Account Director (Digital)
As a member of the Rufus Leonard client services department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through compelling brand experiences driven from both technology (business systems) and people (business transformation). You will make a difference to our clients brand experiences, and inspire the most respected global and UK brands.
As an Account Director (AD) you will develop strong senior client relationships and be committed to driving their business forward through innovative work that inspires and motivates consumers. You will also be key to generating profit for Rufus Leonard and lead internal teams to deliver projects that achieve excellent results for the client and the agency. Account Director’s must also develop an exceptional understanding of the digital arena and how new and emerging developments can be exploited to add value to a clients business.
• Meets and exceeds revenue and gross margin target
• Develops strong relationships with senior, board-level clients.
• Develops a deep understanding of client’s business environment and consumer.
• Engages with clients for sale and delivery of projects.
• Successful delivery of projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Retention and motivation of high-quality account team.
• Consistently strives to improve systems and processes within the department.
• Contribution to new business.
· Builds and maintains a deep and mutually beneficial client relationship; challenges clients; identifies opportunities, educates them, learns from them, understands key business issues and regularly plans and facilitates quarterly account planning sessions.
· Builds good relationships with team members, ensuring the team has a high level of morale.
· Identifies key business opportunities and ensures the full breadth and depth of Rufus Leonard resources are presented.
· Leadership and management of multi disciplinary resources as and when they are engaged on client activity (project management, strategy, technology and creative).
· Identifies permanent recruitment needs.
· Keeps team informed of company news and decisions.
· Ensures the integrity of Rufus Leonard proposals.
· Monthly financial tasks - complete monthly financial tasks such as revenue recognition and forecasting in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Ensures compliance with all internal account and project tracking procedures.
· Ensures client projects/activity is processed/billed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Regularly and consistently maintains reporting documents to manage clients and projects efficiently and professionally; forecasting, resourcing, status reporting and invoicing.
Budget and financial management
Revenue responsibility: £1m-2m. Meets and exceeds account profitability and DSO targets. Responsible for all aspects of monthly financial process of account, e.g. accurate forecasting to within 10%, revenue recognition and billing. Proven ability to reduce number of unbilled hours on account.
In-depth knowledge of client businesses and market challenges faced. Demonstrates Rufus Leonard’s strategic thinking, e.g. able to formulate strategic propositions into client-ready decks. Ensures Rufus Leonard sells relevant solutions that meet client business objectives. Effective on-going management of Strategic Services’ involvement on the account.
Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure best outcome for both client and Rufus Leonard. Keeps stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manages expectations proactively.
Identifies, pursues and converts additional opportunities for Rufus Leonard. Leverages client relationships for introductions to additional business units and brands.
Annual account planning
Ensures client organisation charts and contact lists are kept fully up to date. Able to convince client of value of annual planning sessions. Ensures visibility of all major client initiatives over 12 months. Provides a viewpoint on team resource and configuration. Sets out detailed month-by-month forecasts against which resource can be planned.